I think that we have all been there: hoping so much for something to happen in our life: such as a new job we interviewed for, a move to an exciting place, or the love of someone we just met, that this hope can overshadow everything else.
It is an interesting place to be, because there is almost nobody on this planet so evolved that they can just wish for something to happen, and boom, it magically appears.
Let me back up a bit. I firmly believe that each of us is responsible for and definitely creates our own reality. But that creation is a process, and I’m not here to tell any of you how long that process may take. I can only share my own experience in this “creative state,” and bear in mind that it is entirely subjective.
The great danger in this process of creating what we want in our lives is that we can lose touch with all the miracles right in front of us, and not appreciate them so much. So here are my thoughts on how to avoid that fate, while still actively going after what we want.
1. Put your goals in perspective. There are many things we go after in life that we think will be life changing, and some of them truly are. But remember: no matter what you achieve or where you go, you are still the same spiritual being having a temporary human experience.
2. Selectively visualize. Everyone talks about the importance of visualizing your goals before they occur, and seeing yourself already in the situation that you want to be in. Imagining yourself already there is a huge part of the process of creation, but you want to avoid obsessing over anything. Period.
3. Pause. That’s right, just pause. And what I mean by that is no matter how intense the perceived competition is for something, no matter how much you sincerely want it, give yourself a total break that that longing. Since this all takes place in your head and is about consciousness, the type of break you need, and the length of time you need to break is up to you.
4. Watch for signs. The universe is your co-conspirator in anything that you want to create. It wants to help you create and will give you signs along the way. Watch for those signs and try to follow them, even if they occur at an inconvenient time.
5. Come back to love. Love is the most powerful force in the universe for all creation. When what you want is rooted in sincere love, you are way ahead of the game. Constantly monitor your goals to insure that they are aligned with love. If an adjustment is needed, make it!